Bangkok Experimental Film Festival!
Chiang Mai movies update, Sunday, July 27
by Thomas Ohlson
Experimental Film Festival in its final night
The last showing of the “Bangkok Experimental Film Festival 5 – Chiang Mai” is at 7 pm tonight, Sunday, July 27, at Film Space, CMU Art Museum.
The festival, which began July 13, is a program of experimental films, independent short films, and experimental documentaries presented by the company of the acclaimed Thai filmmaker Apichatpong Weerasethakul, in association with the Thai Film Foundation and the independent arts organization Project 304. Most films are from Thailand, but some are from filmmakers all around the world.
Apichatpong, director of the extraordinary film Tropical Malady among many others, was present at the Q&A last night along with the festival curator, David Teh.
The showing is scheduled to begin at 7 pm tonight (Sunday). Always subject to last-minute changes, of course. Held at Film Space, which is to the right and in the back of the CMU Art Museum, in the Media Arts and Design building across from the ballet school, on the 2nd floor.
Sunday, July 27
Time subject to change!
7:00-8:00 PM: Experimental Music Videos – a 60-minute ThaiIndie collection of new and recent experimental music videos by Thai filmmakers, including works by Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Sathit Sattarasart, Duck Unit, and Thunska Pansittivorakul.
1. Thunska Pansittivorakul (for Soundlanding): Blind Spot, 7.00 mins.
2. Zart Tanchareon (for Soundlanding): Answer, 4.00 mins.
3. D.I.E. (for Goose): The Time We Had, 4.00 mins.
4. Thawatpong Tangsujjapoj (for T-Bone): Massage, 4.00 mins.
5. Pichanan Lauhapornsawan (for Assajan Jukrawan): Body, 5.00 mins.
6. Pathompol Tesprateep (for Assajan Jukrawan): Reverse, 5.00 mins.
7. Chanatip Kunasayeamporn (for Mae Shi): We Do It All the Time, 3.00 mins.
8. Chatchai Ngamsirimongkolchai: Circle, 3.00 mins.
9. Sathit Sattarasart (for Klear): Escape, 4.00 mins.
10. D.I.E. (for Atit Sornsongkram): 28605, 4.00 mins.
11. Chatchai Ngamsirimongkolchai: This Time, 5.00 mins.
12. Haukom & ISE (for Talkless): Tassanajorn, 4.00 mins.
13. Apichatpong Weerasethakul (for Petch Osathanukrao): Because (2 versions), 8.00 mins.
Admission is free to all screenings.